Sunday, October 23, 2011

Nacho Cheese!!!

At our house we love nachos!! I was never really satisfied with the store bought stuff so I found a recipe on line and then tweaked it and this is what I came up with.

Ingredients:

3 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. corn starch
1 cup evaporated milk
2 oz. cream cheese, cubed
2 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tsp. hot sauce
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. paprika
optional additions: diced chilies or jalapenos



Directions:
In a small saucepan over low-medium heat, melt butter and stir in corn starch.
Pour in the milk, add cream cheese, and continue to stir until mixture is fully incorporated.
While stirring mix in cheddar cheese, chili powder, paprika, and hot pepper sauce.
Continue to stir until cheese has melted and all ingredients are well blended.
Pour over tortilla chips.

1 comment:

  1. Rich may love me forever if I make this for him. thank you Andi.

    ReplyDelete