Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Cheesy Stuffed Shells



Ben has an old friend from when he was growing up who is a gormet chef. Last Wednesday he was invited for dinner and I was STRESSED about what I was going to make! This is what I decided and it was delicious. I served it with french bread and salad.


Cheesy Stuffed Shells

1 Container (16 oz) Cottage Cheese- I had some leftover Ricotta so I split this half and half
1 Pkg (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella cheese
3/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp Italian Seasonings- I forgot this...oops
1 jar (26 oz) Spaghetti Sauce- I don't think I used that much
1 large tomato, chopped- I didn't have one so I used 1 can of Italian Stewed Tomatoes
20 Jumbo Pasta Shells, cooked and drained- I used manicotti becuase it was cheaper


Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Cook Pasta.
Mix cottage cheese, spinach, mozzarella, parmesan and seasonings; spoon into shells
Mix 1/2 sauce with tomatoes; spoon into bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish. Add filled shells; top with remaining sauce. Cover.
Bake 25 minutes to until heated through. Top with mozzarella and cook 2 more minutes or until cheese is melted.


Thank you Kraft Foods!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment