Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Feta and Vegetable Rotini Salad

I have been trying to make a menu at the beginning of every week so that I only go to the store once a week. I find this cuts down on my grocery bill becuase I am less likely to buy unneeded junk. I also have been able to plan meals that might use similar ingredients that I do not usually have on hand and that are so expensive for me to get a lot (i.e. cheeses).
This is what I made tonight- super easy and super fast!

Feta and Vegetable Rotini Salad
3 cups rotini pasta, cooked, drained and cooled (I just used that pasta I already had)
1 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes (I just chopped a normal tomato- cherry are more expensive)
1 cup chopped cucumbers (I peel mine first- just preferance)
1/2 cup sliced black olives
1/2 cup Italian dressing
1/4 cup finely chopped red onions

Combine all ingredients and cool in fridge. (We didn't have time so we ate it warm and it was still delicious.)

No comments:

Post a Comment